How to Make Reservation in Southwest Airlines?
Know the Reservation Process of Southwest Airlines, Plus its Pet and Child Travel Policy
Are you interested in making a reservation on Southwest Airlines, hence looking for all the necessary details about it? If so, then you are in the most appropriate place to obtain all the essential aspects related to Southwest Airlines reservations. The main features of Southwest Airlines described here include its reservation making process, the types of classes available on the flight, plus its child and pet travel policy. Therefore, kindly refer to the details given below to understand all the required facts about Southwest Airlines reservation system.
How to Make a Reservation on Southwest Airlines?
Well, beginning with the foremost important aspect, the different means for making Southwest Airlines reservations are as described below.
- Visit the official web page link of Southwest Airlines first.
- Then select Book a flight button to start the reservation.
- Now you have to select a tip from round, one way, or multi-city.
- Next, enter the names of your departure and arrival city.
- Then choose your departure and return travel date on the calendar.
- You also have the choice to select a time, which is optional.
- Hereafter, enter the total number of travelers, and hit search.
- Now a list of all the available flight will appear on the screen.
- Next, you have to select a most fitting flight for final booking.
- Then pay the ticket fee by your preferred payment method.
- At last, you will get a notification for the booking confirmation.
Phone Number Reservations:
- Make a call on the Southwest Airlines reservation support center.
- Tell the reservation officer your booking requirement.
- Then you will receive a few flight suggestion from the officer.
- Finally, make a final decision and share the passenger details.
- Also, give your payment details to permit the reservation personal make the final payment.
- You have to find the nearest airport offering Southwest Airlines reservation service.
- Then stand on the line at the ticket booking counter.
- Next, ask the flight information to the ticket window officer.
- Now make a final reservation by paying the ticket price in cash or card.
What are the Different Types of Classes?
All the flights of the Southwest offers same classes, it only differentiate on the basis of fare classes basis as listed below:
- Business select
- Anytime fare
- Wanna Get Away
What is the Pet Travel Policy of Southwest Airlines?
Although Southwest Airlines keep a few restrictions during pet travel, however, they declare quite fair rules for them. Hence, the rules you need to follow for Southwest Airlines Pets Reservations are as listed below:
- As per the pet policy of Southwest Airlines, a total number of 6 pets can travel in an individual flight, which depends on first come first serve selection.
- An individual passenger on the Southwest flight can bring just one small pet like a dog or cat on the cabin, and need to settle them beneath the front seat.
- Southwest passenger is needed to put their pet in a leak-proof, and ventilated pet carrier of the size 17x9.5x10, not bigger than it.
- Southwest Airlines permit the passengers to put up to 2 small pets of identical species in a single pet carrier.
- The reservation fee Southwest Airlines charges for pet travel is 95 dollars.
- Southwest Airlines allow bringing the pet on the cabin of a domestic flight only, not on the international flights.
Southwest Airlines officers can deny bringing those pets on the cabin, who are growling or barking at people in the airport.
How to Travel with Children on Southwest Airlines?
- Southwest Airlines Reservations for Children is a little different related the adult travel.
- Southwest Airlines offers free reservation for infant below 2 years up to 14 days, who is not occupying a seat in the flight.
- The reservation for the children above 2 years up to 11 years is booked as per the child fare.
- Passengers need to provide a medical certificate for an infant below 14 days.
- Children under 18 years are not allowed to travel alone in international flight. They must be accompanied by an adult.
Therefore, all the important facts about making a reservation on Southwest Airlines are discussed above. Moreover, you can contact a customer representative from Southwest support team to know more details about its reservation.
How Will You Change a Flight on Southwest Airlines? Get the Procedure Here
If you have made reservations on Southwest Airlines and want to change it due to any reason, you can do that without any problem. All you need is to go to the Manage Reservations section on the website of the airlines. In addition, to make the task easy and simple for you, here are some steps to change flight on Southwest Airlines, go through them.
- Before anything else, you should open the website of Southwest Airlines.
- Then on its homepage, you have to choose the Change/Cancel tab.
- On the next page, you are required to enter the booking confirmation number, first name, and last name of the passenger.
- Further, you need to choose the Change Flight box and click the Search button.
- Thereafter, the flight booking details will appear on the screen also, you would see several options over there.
- Since you need to change flight on Southwest Airlines, select that option.
- After that, you are required to follow the instructions mentioned on your screen in order to complete the process.
Also, you need to do is keeping one point in your mind that you will be required to pay the applicable fare difference and the flight change charges. And once the payment step is completed, you will get the confirmation of flight change. Also, Southwest Airlines flight change is a matter of availability. This is how your flight will be changed on Southwest Airlines without any hassle. Just in case, you don't find another option to change your flight bookings, you can contact the Southwest Airlines reservations support team to get help.
How to Cancel a Southwest Airlines Flight Ticket?
Steps to cancel a flight ticket in Southwest airlines
Southwest airline is well-known for its world-class services and facilities at reasonable fares. So, if you wish to save money on travel, you can fly with Southwest airlines. In case, after confirmation of the ticket, your plan changes, and now you want to cancel the booking, it is also easy with Southwest airlines. With easy cancellation policy and procedure, you can cancel your booking without any chaos.
Cancel a Booking with Southwest Airlines
If you want to cancel Southwest Airlines flight ticket, you simply need to proceed according to the cancellation steps. To cancel the booking, you can also contact the reservations team, where the representative will cancel the flight on your behalf. Otherwise, you can follow the easy steps of online cancellation, as mentioned below:
- You need to browse the official website of Southwest airlines in the web browser.
- Then, on the homepage, click the tab of change/cancel.
- You are then asked to enter the confirmation number of the ticket along with the first and last name of the passenger.
- After entering the details, choose the option of cancel flight and click the Search button.
- The ticket is only accessible if the details are entered correctly.
- With correct info, your itinerary is accessed on your screen.
- Now, you can proceed with the cancellation by clicking the cancel button.
- You will be asked to confirm the cancellation of the booking.
- Once you click the confirm button, your itinerary is cancelled and all other trips on the same booking will also get cancelled.
- If the cancellation is once processed, it cannot be reversed.
- After the booking is cancelled, you will receive an email or text message about the same.
This is how you can cancel the booking online. The cancellation is carried out according to the policy of cancellation, which is as follows:
- If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket, you can claim a full refund.
- After 24 hours, you are asked to pay the cancellation fee.
- The cancellation is charged according to the fare rules and depends on various factors such as type of ticket purchased, time left for departure, etc.
- To claim the refund amount, you can submit an online request form.
For further details on ticket cancellation, you can contact Southwest airlines reservations. To reach the representatives, you can use the contact details available on the official website of Southwest airlines.